- Use the Internet to research the musical Shrek.
- You can find a good story synopsis here
- Use thumbnail sketches to record as many ideas as you can.
- Try to apply what you have learned about color, as well as the elements and principles of design.
- Select your best idea and complete a rough sketch of the design using a full sheet of 8 1/2" X 10" paper. Add color.
- Edit the design as required.
- Use Adobe Illustrator to create the poster, be sure to be in CKMY mode.
- The poster should be 13" wide by 19 " high.
The poster must include the following information.
Cobequid Educational Centre Presents Shrek The Musical
- size type
"Shrek the Musical"100%
- "based on the DreamWorks Animation Motion Picture and the book by William Steig" 15%
- "Book and Lyrics by David Lindsay-Abaire, Music by Jeanine Tesori" 50%
- "Originally produced on Broadway by DreamWorks Theatricals and Neal Street Productions" 45%
- " "Shrek The Musical" is presented by special arrangement with Music Theatre International. 421 West 54th Street New York, NY 10019. phone (212) 541-4684, fax (212) 397-4684, www.mtishows.com" not less than 12 point type
- Evening Performances April 5, 8, 9,11and 12 at 7:30 pm
- Matinee April 6 at 2 pm
- Tickets available at MacQuarries, Adults $14 Students and Seniors $12